Swenson's Construction Company has a lengthy history in Kansas City and was founded in 1906. Projects that the company has worked on include:
- 1960 KC Star article on I-70 bridge contracts
- Various Other Bridges
- Jackson County Courthouse
- Westport High School
- Kansas City Power & Light Building
- Coca-Cola Building
- 15th Street Stone arch Bridge
- Scottish Rite Temple
- The Kansas City Livestock Exchange (pg. 7)
I found at least one reference to an employee retirement in 1978, so it seems plausible that Swenson Construction Company can be included on the planned 1970s rendition of the Fairgrounds Branch.
Other fun facts found while searching:
- Mr. Swenson passed in 1946
- Hartzell "Ding" Burton was a subsequent CEO of the business and he passed in January 1970 (obituary).
- Clarence Rupp was construction foreman with the company and worked there until 1978.